No one wants to have to claim on their life insurance, but if you do, you want to know that your insurer is going to make the situation better and not worse.
Claiming on a life insurance policy inevitably means that something unexpected and unfortunate has occurred. Regardless of whether that is the death of a loved one or an accident that is preventing you from working it is likely to be a highly emotional time and generally one you haven’t had to navigate before. It’s critical that you can rely on a team who can get you through it.
When we founded Integrity, we did so with a clear and simple mission to help people when they need help most and there is no time when you will need help more than at claim time.
To guide our systems and processes we have a simple and straight forward claims philosophy. We treat all people who lodge a claim the way we would want to be treated if we were in their place. In part, that’s because many of us have been there, so it’s not just a job for us.
When something happens and you need to lodge a claim we will:
- Get to know you, understand your needs holistically, and treat you with fairness, care and respect at all times.
- Personalise the experience so it’s as straightforward as possible. There won’t be any forms, we’ll capture only the information that we absolutely need over the phone and ensure you’re supported each step of the way
- Assess your claim fairly, be transparent and keep you proactively informed.
- Support you to set goals and then collaborate with you and your health network to set out an action plan to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- Connect you to support services and resources that can help you and your family adjust.
- Always ask ourselves if there is a better way to provide support.
There are many elements to how we work to minimise friction in the claim process, but a key example is our elimination of claim forms.
Claim forms can be long and confusing, with many sections that don’t apply to your particular claim. They also have a habit of disappearing in the post and only appearing days or weeks later, which slows down the assessment of your claim and increases anxiety about the outcome.
We’ve eliminated claim forms for almost all claims and replaced them with a tele-claim process that allows us to collect the information we need for a claim quickly and with less follow ups for additional information. We’ve even extended this to generating fully personalised treating doctors report questionnaires so that a busy doctor can provide information on a claim without having to wade through pages of questions.
At Integrity we believe that paying claims is our reason for existence as a business. Each claim is treated not as a financial liability but as a person who needs support through a difficult time, and an opportunity to demonstrate why we are in business.
Head of Claims